8 Snacks For The Ultimate Study Session
We all know how tempting it is to surround yourself with comfort food to ease the pain of that dreaded revision, or to keep you awake long enough to finish that essay. While snacking on chocolate, crisp, sweets etc, may make you feel a bit better and give you a momentary energy boost, the ‘crash and burn’ effect of these foods will mess with your concentration. Now, I’m not suggesting you swap the Oreos for celery sticks, but here are some tasty, yet nutritional, snack ideas you might like to try during your next slog:
- Slice a banana and put it on a plate with a blob of Nutella and/or peanut butter and get dipping! Try this with an apple and runny honey too for that satisfying crunch.
- Fruit and nut mix (it may even include chocolate-coated raisins if you’re lucky!)
- A bowl of natural yoghurt mixed with some honey, syrup or even hot chocolate powder
- If you want something savoury, try some salted popcorn- it’s so moreish and easy to pick at while taking notes
- I know I joked about celery sticks, but another savoury option is veggies and hummus or another dip
- Dried fruit (apricots, raisins, mango, apple, banana, strawberry etc) is just as sweet as actual sweets, only more nutritious! You can also get yoghurt or chocolate-coated varieties, which you may prefer!
- Swap your fizzy drink for a smoothie or milkshake
- Banana bread and carrot cake are just as tasty as other baked goods, but with more nutrients
Of course, you can still treat yourself to your favourite chocolate bar to keep you motivated, but maybe save this up as a reward after you’ve finished that chapter of your textbook!
What do you like to nibble on while studying?